Nathan is afraid of the dark. He doesn't like being anywhere by himself (he's kind of like his Mom this way). Just an example, on days after I work, he gets to have a very exhausted mom & pretty much entertain himself (don't report me to DCFS please, I really do make sure he is safe and taken care of). He doesn't like to play in the playroom by himself while I am upstairs "resting", so he will haul his toys upstairs and play with them in the hall outside my room and sometimes on my bed with me. When I get up I am often barricaded in my room because he has filled the hallway with Fisher Price Little People or cars. (My obsession with Little People is fodder for another post, maybe I will introduce you to Little Peoplepalooza).
Anyway, my point was that he has discovered a cure for his fear of the dark.

First, you turn your light on, then you cover your head with your blanket.

So that after you go to sleep & your mom uncovers you, you are dripping with sweat!
Emma also has demonstrated a solution for those of you who don't think Nathan's will work for you.

Just make sure you have lots of toys in (and around) your bed to play with in your sleep, that way you can just play instead of being scared!
No comments:
Post a Comment