Friday, July 31, 2009
Waxing Nostalgic
Okay, this was not one of the posts rolling around in my head, but I felt like I needed to write it right now (at 1:30 a.m.). I don't know if it is the fact that school starts in a couple of weeks for us, or just the fact that my Emma is going away for a week with Grandma & Grandpa, but I'm feeling very nostalgic for those days when she and Nathan were little (how's that for a run on sentence, I'm sure my friend Kimberly is cringing as she reads this). I have such wonderful children!!! I don't tell them that often enough, especially Emma, but they are truly a blessing in my life. Heavenly Father must have known that I couldn't handle truly naughty or mischievous children, because he sent me well behaved ones. Nathan's daycare teacher caught me when I picked him up the other day and bragged to me about what a great kid he is. Her exact words were "He is bright, funny, kind, he's a leader, and tolerant." I can't remember what else she said, but I was glowing when I came out to hear the things I already knew reinforced to me. Emma has taken on a big load this summer with watching Nathan quite a bit for me. She has been a lifesaver! She is such a great big sister, her brother idolizes her. She sometimes really struggles down here, as she is shy and there aren't a lot of kids around, and I sometimes feel very guilty about that. I know she is resilient enough that she will make it, and be better for it, but I worry. I so miss the days when she didn't have these kinds of worries. She is starting Intermediate School this year (a pre middle school for sixth and seventh graders). I can't believe I have a young woman instead of a little girl! She is so incredibly precious to me, I want to protect her from everything, and I can't. What a blessing she is to me, I sometimes wish her problems were as simple for me to solve as a kiss and a band aid. What a gem she is. Thanks for reading my rambling diatribe. Now go and give your kids a love!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment