Who have I become? Am I the person I have always wanted to be? Have I made the right choices for me?
These and about 300 other self reflective questions have been pinballing around in my head the last little while. I'm not sure I like the answers.
Who have I become?
I am a wife, mother, sister, daughter, Cub Scout leader, friend, manager and an employee. Somewhere in all of that I have gotten lost. I love my family, they are by far the most important thing in my life. But who have I become? How would my family describe me? Works a lot, overweight, loves to read, likes to stay up late. But, how does that reach the core of who I am.
I have lost sight of the one thing I can always count on 100% of the time to be true. I AM A DAUGHTER OF GOD!!! How have I forgotten that?
It wasn't a sudden or overnight change but a gradual sloughing off of the layer of self worth that that statement gives me. I matter to Him...so why don't I matter to me?
I am surrounded by amazing people on a daily basis...I want to be amazing too. Not because I want to out-shine anyone else, but because I want my light to enhance the light of those around me. I want to be amazing because I deserve to be amazing. He created me to be amazing. I want to love me for the person I am.
Tonight there is a prayer in my heart that I am starting to rebuild that layer...cell by tiny cell...until I remember that I am meant to be happy because I matter. I matter to Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment