Saturday, November 23, 2013

Feeling Accomplished

Today was a cold and cloudy day here and Nathan, Emma and I were registered to do a 5K run/walk to benefit a darling young mom in our ward that has breast cancer. I REALLY didn't want to do it, I had given my money, that's what was really important right? Wrong! What was really important was that I prove to myself that I could finish. I finished! I was the very last one across the finish line in an hour and twenty minutes...but I finished! I am so proud of myself. This is my fourth 5k that I have walked and finished. I feel so proud of myself every time. Each time before this I had someone with me the whole way to push me to finish. Today I did much of it alone. Emma and Nathan started out with me but they got ahead and Nathan finished by running the last bit. Emma eventually ended up with me the last half and stayed with me. I didn't quit. I am so proud of myself.