Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas


This year's Christmas, was our most different yet. I was scheduled to work on Christmas Eve, but was put "on call", so I got to stay home with my family. It was a welcome thing! It was also our first Christmas all by ourselves. We have always lived near family, and so have always celebrated with them. If we don't go somewhere on Christmas morning, my parents usually come over and celebrate with us. It was wierd to be all by ourselves, but it was fun. Our darling daughter woke her brother up at 5:00 a.m. and then they woke us up. We were all done opening presents, eating breakfast and cleaning up the table by 7:30. Then the grown-ups retired for a while to catch up. It was such a laid back day. We are used to eating Christmas "bruch" and then a big dinner, but we got up so early, that we were starving by lunch. I hadn't planned anything, and since we were leaving the next day for a few days, there wasn't really anything to fix. We decided to find somehwere to eat, our choices came down to JB's and the Chinese Buffet, we went with Chinese. Then we came home to watch Gremlins (which my kids gave me). Nothing says, let's celebrate Christmas like Chinese food and a scary movie! We had so much fun! It was so nice to just be our little family and remember that Christmas is for enjoying in whatever way you want, and on whatever schedule you want.....but we realld did miss our families!

Emma & Nathan wanted radio controlled cars....and Santa came through. They also got other assorted toys and clothes. Grandma Sharon & Grandpa Lou gave them bikes. They were ecstatic! It is Nathan's first bike, and Emma had outgrown her other one. Unfortunately it was bad weather, and they couldn't go outside and ride them. Brian got a Bonsai tree from Emma & aquarium stuff from Nathan, and he bought himself insulated coveralls and ice fishing pole with the money from my parents. I got Gremlins from Emma and a crock pot from Nathan, and I used my money from Mom and Daddy to get myself a new camera (I have been "borrowing" Emma's and Brian's for quite some time now). It was so fun! I love to see the excitement of my children! I could just watch them, and not even get anything and be happy, however, they like to give presents too!

No comments: