Monday, January 19, 2009
Trouble Sleeping
It's 10:15 p.m. and I should be headed to bed. My body and mind are tired, but yet I seem to have an inability to fall asleep. Many nights I head to bed and lay there rehashing the day, worrying about what tommorrow brings, making lists in my head of everything from what I have to do the next day to what I should blog about. I can't seem to get my mind to turn off and turn my cares over to the Lord. It is often times anywhere from midnight to 2:00 a.m. before I nod off. I still have to get up and carry on the next day as if I slept all night. I get so exhausted, and then I get grouchy. I wish I could turn my heart and soul over to my Father in Heaven and get some rest, but I don't seem to be able to just let go of my "natural man". I guess I need to try other things. If I can't sleep I should get up and either pray or read scriptures or something like that. Sometimes, I think I don't want the day to end, so I don't want to sleep. Who knows? I am going to do a couple of things, then I will try and turn myself over to Him so I can sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A practical tip too: When my mind goes like this at night, I have to get up and write down the mental lists I am making. Otherwise I keep rehearsing them over and over in my head so I don't forget them. If I write them down, I can go to sleep knowing I won't forget. I'm sure it doesn't help that you work nights sometimes (or do you at your new job?). You can do it Teri!
No, it doesn't help that I work nights.....my body doesn't ever know when it should be sleeping.
Post a Comment