A cause very close to my heart is Pregnancy Loss. October 15th is National Pregnancy Loss Day. It’s a day to acknowledge the tragedy a loss that happens during pregnancy is, no matter when during that pregnancy. I have had several friends touched by this, and I have worked with many mothers dealing with this as a Labor & Delivery nurse. Tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m. please light a candle for one hour as a remembrance of your own or someone else’s loss. For more information go here. I have a friend from high school, Michael R. Hicks, who wrote a beautiful and touching song about this, to hear it go to playlist.com and search Michael R. Hicks, it’s the only song listed by him.
1 comment:
I had no idea there was such a day, but so many women have suffered the loss of a pregnancy or loss of a child. I'm sure you've had the unique opportunity to comfort many women who were grieving their loss. Ten years later, I still send Christmas cards each year to the NICU nurse who took care of Chase and encouraged me to see him again after he had passed away. Bless you for recognizing the need to honor these angel children!
Post a Comment