Sunday, January 10, 2010

Nathan’s Birthday Letter

Dear Nathan,

As I reflect on your birthday I am amazed.  I am amazed that our Father in Heaven blessed my life so greatly by sending you to me.  Your cheerful little spirit and loving nature are such a blessing to me.  You always have a hug and a kiss for me, I hope you always will.  I hope that even when you are a teenager and I embarrass you, you will still be willing to give me loves!

I am so proud of you.  You are a fabulous reader, and have endeared yourself at school.  You work hard to get you homework done, and always love to pick up a book.

I love the way you put your hat on as you get out of bed in the morning, tuck it in your backpack on the way to school, put it right back on when you get out of school, and leave it on until you climb in bed again.  I love that you remember to take it off for prayers and the Pledge of Allegiance.  I love that at six years old you have an opinion about how you look and that you know what you want to wear, but that you still take some guidance from your mom. 

I love that sometime you just need to snuggle me (because I always need to snuggle you).  I love the way you adore your sister, even if you don’t always get along.  I love how tenderhearted you are, and how you ask “Mommy, are you okay”.

I love the book you bought me for Christmas “My Mom is Great”, because I think you are the great one.  It touched my heart tonight as we were filling out your VIP form for school that you said that the person you most admire is me.

I hope I will forever be able to hold your hand, even when you’re too cool for that!

I love you Naynay!!!

love,

Mom

1 comment:

Lesia said...

That actually brought tears to my eyes. He will always cherish and love you. How could he NOT!! You are a wonderful mom for writing him this letter.