Forget Me Not by Carolee DeanMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
It has been a long time since I reviewed a book, mostly because it's been a long time since I have read a book worth reviewing. I didn't know what this book was when I picked it up at the library, but decided the story looked interesting. It was interesting, but more so because it was written in verse. Not rhymy cutesy verse but the kind that paints a picture in your mind. The story was basically a ghost story with a twist. Not a new twist but an interesting one none-the-less. It also dealt with several heavy hitting teen issues, the three main ones that stood out to me was the damage that can be done using technology, teenage sex and teen suicide. I would have given this book five stars with the exception of the fact that it is written for teens and the language was pretty rough. I know that people will argue with me that they hear it every day at school, that's how teenagers talk, it would take away from the authenticity of the book...etc. I ask, does that mean that we have to encourage it? I thought it was well written and had a difficult time putting it down to sleep, eat, etc. Decide for yourself if your teen is ready to read it, mine isn't, but it really enthralled me.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment