Sunday, November 8, 2009

27 Days of Thankful #8: The 5 Browns

Last night Emma and I got the wonderful opportunity to go to a concert at Tuacahn (if you don’t remember, we got to go see Footloose there in the summer, if you want to read about it click here). We got to go see The 5 Browns. They are 5 incredibly talented siblings who range in age from 24 to 30 and play piano. They have five grand pianos on stage that they play together, singly, and in dos and trios. It is amazing. If you have never heard them, you are truly missing out. They are not only talented, they are fun to watch as well. They are the only siblings to all be students at Julliard at the same time. They are 5 Mormon siblings from humble origins that are using their fame for good. Their mission is to make classical music popular with young people.

Emma and Teri at Tuacahn

This is Emma and I at Tuacahn last night. Please excuse the bad photography (and no I’m not jaundiced in real life), I only had my cell phone to take a picture with. We had so much fun. It was a beautiful evening with mild weather. We got to meet the 5 siblings after the concert and they are very nice and genuine. I love being able to take Emma out for “dates” to do things we both enjoy!!!

Today I am thankful for beautiful music and talented musicians who share that music.

No comments: