We have had a very busy week this week. Brian left us on Sunday night, so he could be down to start his new job on Monday morning. We have really missed him, but he got to come home early on Friday and gets to stay until Monday morning because of Memorial Day.
Because Brian isn't here we have had to make some adjustements with the kids schedules. I work from 6:00 am until 7:30 or so p.m. 3 days a week or more. It's really hard to get your kids somewhere at 5:00 a.m. (besides who wants to get up so my kids can come over at 5:00?). So, it was decided that it would be easier for my kids to sleep over at one or the other of their grandparent's houses and that they would take Emma to school and watch Nathan. So, Wednesday night I took them to my parents and put them to bed, and then waited for my parents to get home from working at the Salt Lake Temple, then I went home. I worked until about 8:00 p.m. on Thursday night, picked my kids up and dropped them off at my in-laws. Then I ended up calling in sick for Friday (but that is another story).
Monday and Wednesday I worked my second job, in Endoscopy. Wednesday was my last day. I'm sad to leave my friends, but working that much and being a "single parent" was just too much for me.
Wednesday afternoon Emma had her recorder concert. It was fun, but I will blog more about that when I get the picutures downloaded.
I guess now is as good a time as any to tell the story of calling in sick Friday. I had Lap Band surgery on Nov. 14, 2007, which is surgery that makes my stomach smaller and the opening tighter, so I get full quicker and stay full longer, and it is adjustable. I had it "filled" (tightened) about 12 days ago, and it was tightened too much. I have had horrible reflux since then, and I have vomited almost every day (probably a little too much info). Anyway, Friday night I couldn't keep anything solid down, so I called in sick for Friday hoping to get my band loosened, but they couldn't get me in. I can't see the Dr. until Tues, so I'm pretty much on liquids until then. Makes life exciting.
Friday night Emma slept over at her best friend, Kacey's house, because they are trying to spend as much time together as possible before we move. Saturday they played Kacey's mom, Laura (who also happens to be my boss in Endoscopy), took them to the Grand America Hotel for tea (or hot chocolate as Emma got). They had so much fun dressing up and being fancy ladies! Emma is sure going to miss Kacey.
Saturday, we got up early and set up for a yard sale. I put up signs at 8:00 and people came in droves. It was my first and last yard sale ever! I will blog more about that when I get the pictures downloaded.
Saturday night we took the kids to see Prince Caspian, the second in the Chronicles of Narnia. We all loved it! I loved it even more than the first one. One minor incident, Emma went to the bathroom in the middle of the movie, and in the bathrooms they had bowls of peppermints. Emma put one in her mouth and when she got back to the movie she got scared and jumped and swallowed the peppermint whole. She started coughing and gagging and threw up in her hands and all over the floor on the way out of the theater. Embarassing for her! (I guess we did alot of non contagious throwing up in our family this weekend).

Sorry for over sharing of information......but that's our life!
No comments:
Post a Comment