Monday, October 27, 2008

Not Me Monday

Okay, so I got this idea from my friend Jenn (thanks Jenn!), who got it from mcmama's blog. Here's how it works, it's a safe place to say what you "didn't do" this last week (and live to laugh about it). So here it goes.

I didn't have an absolute panic attack when I found out that my parents are coming a week earlier than I though for Thanksgiving, as they will be staying in the black hole .

I definately did not wonder if the picture my daughter wanted to enter in the Reflections contest was actually taken by me, only to decide that it probably wasn't and let her enter it.

I wasn't so excited for High School Musical 3 to come out in theaters that I bought the soundtrack the night before and picked my daughter up from the bus stop to ask her if she wanted to go, to only realize that she had forgotten it was coming out. And I definately didn't skip my pre night shift nap so that I could go see it on opening day.

I wasn't pushing some kids on the swings at my son's preschool the day I helped, and then I didn't let part of the teeter totter swing go which then didn't smack a 4 yr old boy in the nose, which didn't then start to bleed all over my shirt. (and I don't still feel like the absolutely worst person ever!)

I didn't sort all my dirty laundry to wash and discover that including a couple of quilts I need to wash that I didn't have about 15 batches to do.

I didn't argue with my husband on Sunday morning, then I didn't feel remorse & write him a nice note about why I love him during church, and I didn't get mad again after church and I didn't want to tear it up.

I didn't make my husband take a drive on Sunday night so that we wouldn't be home when the Home Teachers came to our house (and btw I didn't try to call twice to cancel them and not even get to leave a message).

I didn't spend 2 1/2 hours Sunday blogging and blog surfing, then I most certainly didn't stay up until 1:00 a.m. to finish a book, and I didn't then get on the computer to add my review to goodreads before I forgot. I didn't then spend another half hour on the computer reading mckmama's blog. I didn't then (at 1:45 a.m.) lay down to go to sleep, to only lay there and obsess about my Not Me Monday! post to the point of not being able to sleep. I didn't then get out my cell phone and enter a note of all the things I wanted to include. When I still couldn't sleep I didn't get up at 2:10 a.m. and take a half a sleeping pill. I certainly didn't then sleep until 11:45 a.m.

Finally, I most certainly didn't decided that I am addicted to blogging.

Happy Monday everyone!

3 comments:

Jess said...

You obsess about your posts too! LOL! I hate loosing sleep at night obsessing over posts!

Jan said...

I love the Not Me Monday.. i think I better start doing it!

Rhi said...

Hey Teri! I'm so glad we can keep in contact with our blogs! I love this post, true confessions!