Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pancake Paradise



Emma has started helping me cook dinner 1ce a week. We usually try to do this on a Sunday night, because we have a little more time. Tonight we decided to make Swedish Oatmeal Pancakes (thank you Angie!) and scrambled eggs. Angies recipe said it made alot, she wasn't kidding, the picture is of the pancakes we had left AFTER we ate dinner. Anyone for pancakes? We eat breakfast for dinner a lot, because we never eat cooked breakfast for breakfast, and it's fast. Emma loves to cook and I am trying to teach her, because I don't want her poor husband to suffer through as many bad meals as Brian had to. :0 I hope Angie doesn't mind, I am going to include her recipe for the pancakes (sorry Ang, hope it's okay).



Swedish Oatmeal Pancakes
from Angie
4 cups old fashioned oats
4 cups buttermilk
1 cup flour
4 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
heaping tbsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine oats and buttermilk in a large bowl and let stand 5 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on griddle until golden.

Note from Angie: I often use some yogurt and milk to make 4 cups instead of the buttermilk. I also use oat, rye or whole wheat flour or a mixture of them just depending on what I have on hand. We eat these on a regular basis. One batch makes a ton, so I freeze or refrigerate the rest and pop them in the toaster for a quick breakfast.

Thanks again Angie!

No comments: