Saturday, November 8, 2008

Faith

I do not know why the Spirit chose tonight to touch me so deeply, but I would be wholly ungrateful if I did not share my testimony of my Father in Heaven with you, right this very minute. My finger cannot type as fast as my heart can write, so I pray I can express the feelings there before they are lost.

I was trolling a blog that I stumbled upon about a mother who was in the process of releasing her prescious baby girl to the arms of God. I was touched by the earnest and honest feelings she shared. She has a lot of faith in her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and in the healing that He has afforded us......but she was still quite frank in the fact that she was in total despair and greiving beyond words. I hope to never know that deep greif, but it reminded me of a dear friend of mine and a similar struggle she went through, and I could not stop sobbing.

I KNOW that my Heavenly Father has a plan for us. I know that we will be our family forever. I forget sometimes how much I want this, and how much it means to me. I love my brother Jesus Christ for making the sacrifice to enable me to be forgiven of my "humaness". I am forever grateful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the blessings I have been afforded of knowlege of the plan and the tools to do my best to live worthy of obtaining the many gifts He has seen fit to bestow upon me. I want to serve my Father in Heaven with a fervency befitting all that I have been blessed with. I want anyone who is reading this to know that I KNOW that my Savior LIVES! I am so humbled to be blessed with the knowlege that my Father in Heaven has provided continued guidance to us through His prophet, President Thomas Monson. I KNOW that he has shared his word to us through the Bible and the Book of Mormon, and if we live by the precepts given therein, that we WILL be able to return to him someday. I know I cannot make myself worthy on my own, and that it is by His grace that he has blessed me with a plan that I would still be able to be made whole. THANKS BE TO MY FATHER IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

The Clark Clan! said...

Terri,
That was beautifully said. I do not know how people go through grief like that without the presence of the Holy Spirit. After reading your post it reminded me of the verse that says we are saved by grace, it is not of works, it is a gift of God. I am so grateful for that. Our Heavenly Father is so good.

sunnie said...

This is the first that I have heard someone share their testimony with Bon Jovi in the background:)I hope to be spared grief of loosing a child or spouse too.

Hadley Family said...

Okay.....I guess I should have thought about the music that would be playing, but I was just so excited to share my testimony that I did. :)