Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sage Advise

Okay, so I'm not normally one to take advice from a novel, however, I found some when I was reading yesterday that I thought was good advice. I have been reading a lot of books lately by a publisher that specializes in books written to a Christian audience. The book have all had a central theme of the marraige relationship, and have had some good example of what a strong marraige should be, anyway..... This particular book is called Forever by Karen Kingsbury, and in the book the main characters got a letter from their mom (who had passed away) about the rules of a strong marraige. One point in particular stuck out to me, it said,
"God has you here to serve one another. Love acted out is serving." How true is that, the we show each other our love by serving one another. I think that applies to all of our relationships, not just our marriages. Take this for what it is a passing thought, and maybe the nugget of truth it contains will find it's place in your heart.

No comments: