Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wierd Day

Today was a wierd day for me. First off I was working a day shift, and I usually work nights (they didn't have any patients in Labor & Delivery where I was supposed to orient last night, so I came back this morning when they had inductions). (By the way, anyone who enjoys getting up before the sun is CRAZY!) After being at work for a couple of hours, I just kept looking at the OB Tech, and thinking she was so familiar to me, I don't know how she could be because I am 350 miles from where I know anyone familiar. Anyway, so I start talking to her, and she grew up in my hometown and went to the high school and middle school I should have gone to had I not opted to bus to different schools, anyway, that wasn't it. After racking our brains for a while, we finally figured out that we went to elementary school together, and that we had been friends when we were little. How crazy is that? Well, as if that isn't wierd enough, yesterday she was at Panda Express with her family, and her fortune cookie said, "You will be reunited with an old friend", how funny! Here is my childhood friend Heather & I at work today. :)


Here's the next wierd thing that happened. I joined Facebook a few days ago, and have found quite a few old friends. Well, I was showing Heather one of our other childhood friends (that I am still friends with). I was looking at his "wall" on Facebook and right below where it showed we had become "friends" it showed he had become "friends" with my cousin (who is a few years our senior and grew up in another state, but who lives in an adjacent county to where we grew up) who I didn't think he would have any reason to have run into, and whom I haven't seen or spoken to in months or longer. I was able to link up to her and get back in touch with her. How wierd and fun is that! It turns out that he met her through his girlfriend who used to be her neighbor and is her friend. The world is so small sometimes. That's my wierd day for ya!

No comments: